This vegan quiche is full of the goodness of asparagus, mushrooms, onions and dill, with a creamy herbed tofu mix in a crispy entire wheat flaxseed pastry crust.
Entire Wheat Flax Crust:
- ½ tablespoon further virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces asparagus, chopped into 3-inch items
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup contemporary chopped dill
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 14-ounce bundle further agency tofu, drained
- ½ cup plant-based milk, unsweetened, unflavored
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed purple pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons dietary yeast
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Pinch sea salt (optionally available)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons entire grain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped contemporary dill
- 1 teaspoon further virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To make Entire Wheat Flax Crust: Combine pastry flour, flaxseed and salt (optionally available) collectively. Stir oil and plant-based milk in with a fork to make a stiff dough.
- Pat the dough right into a 10-inch pie or quiche baking dish. Pierce throughout with a fork and bake for 10 minutes and take away from oven.
- Whereas crust is baking, put together Vegetable Filling: Warmth olive oil in massive sauté pan and sauté onions and garlic for 4 minutes. Add asparagus and mushrooms and saute for five minutes. Stir in dill, black pepper, and dry mustard. Take away from warmth.
- Place tofu, ½ cup plant-based milk, purple pepper, nutmeg, turmeric, dietary yeast, soy sauce, and salt (optionally available) within the container of a blender and puree till clean.
- Stir tofu combination into asparagus combination and mix effectively. Pour into the par-baked crust and return to oven (375 F). Bake for half-hour.
- Put together Topping by assembling cherry tomato halves; in a small dish combine collectively breadcrumbs, dill, and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Take away quiche from oven, high with sliced cherry tomatoes (lower facet up) and sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs and return to oven for quarter-hour.
- Take away from oven, cool for about 5-10 minutes, and slice into 8 servings.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 55 minutes
- Class: Breakfast
- Delicacies: American
Key phrases: vegan quiche, asparagus quiche, spring quiche