On August 12, strongman Oleksii Novikov accomplished a 549-kilogram (1,210-pound) Hummer Tire Deadlift through the 2022 Shaw Traditional in Loveland, CO. Not solely did the staggering pull give Novikov the person occasion win, but it surely additionally gave him the brand new World Document by 3.62 kilograms (eight kilos).
The Ukrainian athlete used a lifting belt and lifting straps to assist him obtain the file. He might have additionally worn a lifting go well with, however it’s unclear if he wore that beneath his aggressive outfit. Novikov finally completed fourth general to two-time defending champion Trey Mitchell, runner-up Brian Shaw, and bronze medalist Mitchell Hooper.
J.F. Caron held the earlier World Document together with his Hummer Tire Deadlift of 545 kilograms (1,202 kilos) on the 2020 Shaw Traditional. Take a look at a clip of Novikov’s staggering feat beneath, courtesy of the Instagram profile of Julian Howard (@worldsstrongestfan):
The Hummer Tire Deadlift was the primary occasion of the 2022 Shaw Traditional. It’s thought of a partial deadlift in strongman contests, which means it’s a substitute for a partial deadlift or silver greenback deadlift occasion.
Competitors organizer Brian Shaw has featured the Hummer Tire deadlift in any respect three editions of the Shaw Traditional. It was beforehand a staple occasion on the annual Arnold Strongman Traditional. The diameter of the tires and flex of the bar as an athlete makes an attempt to lock out their weight could make it a problem.
As a max one-rep occasion, whichever athlete pulled probably the most weight on the Hummer Tire Deadlift was the victor. Along with his pull of 549 kilograms (1,210 kilos), Novikov paced forward of the complete subject, together with second-place finisher Gabriel Peña, by an astonishing 27 kilograms (59.5 kilos).
Listed below are the whole outcomes of the Hummer Tire Deadlift from the 2022 Shaw Traditional:
2022 Shaw Traditional | Hummer Tire Deadlift Outcomes
- Oleksii Novikov — 549 kilograms (1,210.3 kilos) | New World Document
- Gabriel Peña — 522 kilograms (1,150.8 kilos)
- Trey Mitchell — 499 kilograms (1,100.1 kilos)
- Mitchell Hooper — 476 kilograms (1,049.4 kilos) | Tied for fifth
- Bobby Thompson — 476 kilograms(1,049.4 kilos) | Tied for fifth
- Konstantine Janashia — 476 kilograms | Tied for fifth
- Mind Shaw— 431 kilograms (950.1 kilos) | Tied for seventh
- Kevin Faires — 431 kilograms (950.1 kilos) | Tied for seventh
- Evan Singleton — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos)
- Aivars Smaukstelis — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Gabriel Rheaume — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Žydrūnas Savickas — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Jerry Pritchett — 408 kilograms (899.5 kilos) | Tied for tenth
- Maxime Boudreault — No try
- Luke Stoltman — No try
Notably, Novikov and Peña have been the one two rivals to tug not less than 500 kilograms (1,102.3 kilos) efficiently.
A Productive Run
Novikov’s new World Document on the Hummer Tire Deadlift is simply the newest in a not too long ago productive stretch for the proficient strongman.
Among the many extra noteworthy achievements, the 26-year-old gained his first Europe’s Strongest Man (ESM) title in April 2022. In late Could 2022, he took dwelling third place within the 2022 World’s Strongest Man (WSM) — a title he gained in 2020. Then, in early July 2022, the Ukrainian competitor made it back-to-back wins on the Giants Dwell Strongman Traditional. Per Strongman Archives, Novikov has stood on a podium in 12 straight competitions courting again to July 2021.
At this level, no matter contest or impediment, it appears evident that Novikov will normally deliver excellence to the desk.
Featured picture: @worldsstrongestfan on Instagram