Revealed on November 18, 2016
While you enroll in Market medical health insurance, we’ll ship you emails every so often. Sadly, there are some unhealthy actors who might attempt to rip-off you with emails that appear like they’re from the Market, however are actually attempting to steal your info or infect your pc with a virus.
The Market works carefully with legislation enforcement to establish, stop, cease, and prosecute these criminals, and we’ve sturdy methods in place to guard your info.
There are additionally just a few vital methods you’ll be able to shield your self.
Look out for “phishing” emails
- “Phishing” (or fraudulent) emails appear like they’re from a trusted supply and sometimes include hyperlinks to a phony login web page on a pretend web site.
- The topic traces could also be threatening, or might promise some extraordinary profit.
- They could include unhealthy grammar, spelling errors, and generic greetings, like “Expensive Buyer.”
- The e-mail handle doesn’t match the official Market e mail handle, which is [email protected] or [email protected] Make certain the e-mail handle of any e mail that claims it’s from the Market ends in “.gov,” as in HealthCare.gov.
Should you assume you get a “phishing” e mail
- Don’t click on the hyperlinks or obtain any attachments. They could have malicious code that can infect your pc with viruses or keystroke loggers that report what you kind.
- Don’t reply to the message. As a substitute, ignore or delete it.
- Should you get an e mail that appears suspicious and also you wish to confirm when you actually have a problem you might want to act on, go to HealthCare.gov. You could find out if the state of affairs described within the e mail is correct. Contact the Market Name Heart when you nonetheless have questions.
- By no means share any private info by e mail. The Market received’t ask you on your username, password, Social Safety Quantity, or any checking account info by e mail.
- Should you’re involved about your web connection safety, take a couple of minutes to discover ways to ensure it’s safe.