There’s a brand new DevNet certification out there. Go the examination, and you may grow to be a Cisco Licensed DevNet Knowledgeable! The examination covers an entire host of subjects, so it’s vital to organize nicely. That approach, you may give the examination your finest shot.
In Episode 55 of DevNet Snack Minute, Joe Clarke (Cisco Distinguished Engineer) provides us his finest practices on the best way to put together for the DevNet Knowledgeable Examination.
In case you are unfamiliar with the examination, listed below are the Official DevNet Knowledgeable Lab Examination Matters.
Infrastructure as Code
Joe begins by discussing the “Infrastructure as Code” portion of the examination, which constitutes 30% of your complete examination. Typically, this matter covers automation and programmable interfaces. You’ll should be aware of:
- YANG-based protocols
- … and extra.
Moreover, you’ll need to be aware of Cisco Community Companies Orchestrator (NSO).
How Ought to You Put together for the Examination?
Subsequent, Joe provides us a basic overview of the best way to put together for the examination. In no explicit order, listed below are Joe’s essential suggestions:
- Have a look at the blueprint on the DevNet web site, which incorporates not solely an in depth matter define but additionally hyperlinks to review supplies and assets.
- Apply with the DevNet Sandbox to achieve hands-on expertise. For instance, when you have basic community automation data however lack expertise with NSO, it is a excellent place to fill that hole.
- Go to the DevNet Knowledgeable website on the Cisco Studying Community to discover a listing of different preparation supplies like books, internet pages, and documentation. This website additionally lists all of the software program and software program variations that can be on the candidate workstation (for instance, the variations of NSO, Python, and Ansible). Finally, you’ll even be capable of obtain a picture of the candidate workstation on your preparation!
Joe additionally notes that documentation for Python packages and another giant libraries can be out there to you throughout the examination, so that you don’t have to memorize these. Joe’s essential encouragement to us? Use these assets, and follow loads!
Examination Format and Wrap-up
Joe mentions that this examination nonetheless has a design element, so it’s vital to not focus solely on the how, but additionally on the why? For instance, in “Infrastructure as Code,” take into account the next questions:
- What’s one thing I’m doing in my community setup now that I wish to automate?
- How may I design this?
- What choices or trade-offs would I make in varied conditions?
This isn’t only a surface-level examination. You actually need to do a deep dive and get hands-on expertise, which you are able to do by leveraging the assets out there to you.
We wrap up this part with a reminder that basic library and package deal documentation can be out there, so neither should be memorized. As a substitute, your key to success on the examination can be a robust understanding of those ideas in follow.
Oh, and one different level to remember: The examination is eight hours lengthy.
The take a look at will grow to be out there for examinees on Might 2, 2022. Research exhausting and good luck!
Need extra? DevNet Snack Minute is your weekly, ten-minute protection of all issues DevNet, Every episode is hosted by Matt DeNapoli, Supervisor of Developer Advocacy (@theDeNap), and Kareem Iskander, Sr. Tech Advocate with Cisco Studying & Certifications (@Kareem_isk). It’s a good way to find out about Cisco APIs, coding, and different cool stuff. Subscribe to the DevNet Snack Minute YouTube Channel to remain related!
We’d love to listen to what you assume. Ask a query or depart a remark beneath.
And keep related with Cisco DevNet on social!