Sharing a few of my high suggestions for what to do and the place to go in Tucson, AZ!
Hello mates! Blissful Monday! How’s the week beginning off for you? I’m instructing my weekly aerobics class (such a blast!) and the Pilot is off work right now. I’m excited to have a correct daytime guardian date with him. We’ll in all probability go wild and head to Lowe’s for vegetation after which chill within the scorching tub? I can’t wait. 🙂
For right now’s publish, I’m sharing up to date Tucson recs! I wrote a publish with Tucson suggestions a few years in the past, however sadly, a few of the issues on the record are non longer our faves, or have closed down. Additionally, a number of new spots have opened up! I’m sharing some concepts on the place to eat, what to do, and the place to hike, if you end up within the Previous Pueblo on the lookout for some concepts. Tucson is a foodie’s paradise and we now have SO many superb native eating places.
What to do and the place to eat in Tucson
The place to buy?
La Encantada (positively try Artistic Form for presents, candles, and enjoyable stationary from native artisans)
The enormous outlet mall
4th Avenue for extra classic and thrift finds
St. Phillip’s plaza has some native boutiques
MSA Annex – one in all my favourite “vacationer” retailers is Why I Love The place I Stay, with AZ-themed shirts, hats, and stickers. It’s the place I obtained my beloved cactus baseball cat that I put on on a regular basis.
Greatest Tucson eating places
– Weekend brunch: DEFINITELY go to the Blues and Brews buffets at Loew’s or the brunch buffet at Hacienda del Sol. They’re each completely pretty with beautiful views and tons of choices — simply be sure that to get reservations.
– In case you’re on the lookout for one thing low-key, go all the way down to the Mercado San Augustin and seize one of the best Mexican donut of your life from La Estrella bakery. Sit on the courtyard and revel in it with a espresso from Presta subsequent door.
– Prep and Pastry has a tremendous brunch and so they have two places
– Cup Cafe downtown
– Snooze (I’m so pumped we lastly obtained one!)
Lunch and dinner:
– Past Bread. This can be a Tucson treasure and I extremely advocate it for sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, and pastries. My go-to is the Kalid’s Curry (hen curry salad) on the gluten-free wrap with vinegar slaw.
– Culinary Dropout. Suppose elevated variations of American classics, and plenty of tasty cocktails and appetizers
– Saffron. My fave Indian spot in Tucson!
– Nook- a cute fashionable spot downtown
– Zayna’s Mediterranean Meals. Every little thing is at all times recent and scrumptious. The falafel plate is my fave.
– Eclectic Cafe. We’ve been going to Eclectic Cafe eternally and can get takeout generally as a result of the ladies find it irresistible, too. They honestly have one thing for everybody and the meals is persistently good.
– Cowboy Cookout at Tanque Verde Ranch (Saturday nights!) with reside nation music, grilled meats, prickly pear margaritas, and a full buffet
– CharroVida – it’s like Mediterranean meets Mexican meals, with a deal with utilizing more healthy oil choices, recent, native produce, and sustainable meat and fish
– Goodness – bowls, sandwiches, breakfast, smoothies, kombucha on faucet
– Tumerico – one in all my high eating places in all of Tucson. The menu varies relying on the season and what’s recent on the market, and so they make the whole lot in-house, together with the sauces, salsa, and tortillas.
– Nekter (for acai bowls and smoothies)
– Beaut Burger (vegan burgers — so so good)
– Alternative Greens – a build-your-own salad bar
– The Little One. They blast Mexican music, the proprietor will cease by and provide you with a hug, and the menu varies every day. The frescas additionally change every day – I extremely advocate getting one, or an horchata, to go together with the meal! It’s cash-only, so be sure you have some readily available. (Additionally price mentioning right here that they’re solely open for breakfast and lunch)
Greatest Mexican Meals in Tucson!
– El Charro. We looooove El Charro and it’s in our common rotation. They’ve my favourite chips in all of Tucson – that is essential haha – and whereas I by no means attempt something new, I’m very pleased with my staples. I at all times get the 2 hen tacos with shredded hen, charro beans, rice, and an enormous margarita.
– Calle Tepa. Calle Tepa can be in our common rotation. It’s an off-the-cuff Mexican spot and the service is at all times FAST, which makes it superior for teenagers. They’ve an enormous menu and I particularly love their salsa bar.
– Tumerico (vegan) – talked about this one above. DEFINITELY do this one if you end up in Tucson!
– Blanco. Blanco has unimaginable guacamole and drinks, and it’s additionally positioned at La Encantada, which makes it perfect to pair with a day of procuring, then observe up with gelato from Frost.
– Seis Kitchen. I like to recommend the Mercado location as a result of you possibly can get pleasure from it on the patio!
– We do love Guadalara Grill, however the previous couple of instances, the service has been very, very gradual, so I don’t advocate it as usually as I used to. El Charro and Calle Tepa have AMAZING meals and tremendous quick service.
We haven’t tried these however have heard superb issues about Rosa’s and Rollie’s, too
Date night time (I like to recommend having reservations for all of those!):
– BATA. We went to BATA when it first opened and might’t rave about it sufficient. The meals is extraordinarily distinctive, the cocktails have been one of the best I’ve had in Tucson, and it’s an ideal date-night spot.
– Terraza Backyard Patio and Lounge at Hacienda del Sol. They usually have reside music on the patio, twinkly lights, and fantastic meals.
– Tito and Pep
– Augustin Kitchen
– Vivace – an Italian spot with beautiful foothills views
– Postino – a wine bar with customizable toasts and toppings, charcuterie, big salads, and panini
Tucson mountain climbing spots
We’re lucky to have SO many trailheads right here in Tucson! Take a look at All Trails for one which meets your private ranges and distance desire, however listed here are a few of my high hikes:
Greatest ice cream, dessert, and chilly treats:
We love the Hub ice cream downtown (they at all times have a vegan taste that’s to die for!), Frost for gelato, and Bahama Bucks for shaved ice. In case you’re in Tucson, you additionally HAVE to attempt an eegee! There are places with drive-thrus in all places. The July taste of the month is my fave (watermelon) and I additionally love the iced Teegee, which is lemon eegee with iced tea. Undoubtedly get some fries and ranch to dip them; you received’t remorse it.
Lovin’ Spoonfuls has my FAVORITE desserts in City — they’re all vegan, too!
Additionally Cafe a la Cart has insanely superb desserts and pastries
Monsoon Chocolate for native, handcrafted chocolate bars
Tucson native spots to discover with youngsters:
Defy trampoline park
Splash pad (we now have nice ones at Brandi Fenton and Udall park)
Take a horse lesson at Tanque Verde Ranch or TRAK
Sabino Canyon (you possibly can take the tram if it’s too scorching to hike)
Pima Air and House Museum
Path Mud City
Flandrau Science Middle and Planetarium
Rocks and Ropes
Mini Time Machine Museum
Have you ever been to Tucson? What are a few of your native favourite suggestions? We will share the love and assist one another out within the feedback!